PRESENT: JEROME LEFKOWITZ, Chairperson & SHEILA S. COLE, Member
William A. Herbert, Deputy Chair & Counsel
Sheila Talavera, Secretary to the Board
1. Board Discussion (Open Meeting)
A. Minutes of Board Meeting of August 6, 2012 for approval — Approved
B. The individuals listed below were placed on the PERB neutral panels identified:
1. Mark M. Grossman – Fact-Finding Panel (Pro Hac Vice)
2. Michael Fischetti – Voluntary Grievance Arbitration Panel
3. Michael Whalen – Voluntary Grievance Arbitration Panel, Interest Arbitration Panel
4. Richard A. Curreri – Mediation, Fact-Finding, Voluntary Grievance Arbitration Panel, Interest Arbitration
2. QUASI-JUDICIAL MATTERS (Exempt from Open Meetings Law)
A. C-6127 – Teamsters Local 294 & Town of Cairo.
B. U-29667, U-29791, U-29831, U-29880 & U-30226 – Sheldon Lamar Hunt & United Federation of Teachers & Board of Education of the City School District of the City of New York.
C. U-30168 – Civil Service Employees Association, Inc., Local 1000, AFSCME, AFL-CIO, Springs School Unit & Springs Union Free School District.
D. U-30302 – Civil Service Employees Association, Inc., Local 1000, AFSCME, AFL-CIO, Westchester Local 860, Yonkers City School District Non-Teaching Unit 9169.
E. U-29442 – Civil Service Employees Association, Inc., Local 1000, AFSCME, AFL-CIO & Village of Bath.
F. U-17811 – Public Employees Federation & State of New York (Racing and Wagering Board).