Robert S. Hite, Member
PERB Meeting Agenda & Draft Minutes
August 31, 2017
Albany, New York
PRESENT: ROBERT S. HITE, Member
Staff: John F. Wirenius, Chairperson
Sarah G. Coleman, Deputy Chairperson
David Quinn, Counsel & Director of Litigation
Kevin Flanigan, Director of Conciliation
Sheila L. Kennedy, Secretary to the Board
Listen to AudioCast of Attendance at Meeting.
Listen to AudioCast of approval of panel members.
Listen to AudioCast of voting on Agenda Cases.
- Board Discussion (Open Meeting)
- Minutes of June 14, 2017 Board Meeting for approval. -- Approved.
- Report from Director of Conciliation Kevin Flanigan dated August 25, 2017, regarding the following individuals seeking admission to one or more of PERB's neutral panels:
- Glenn Blackman: Mediation Panel.
- Steven C. Kasarda, Esq.: Grievance Arbitration Panel.
- Update from Director of Conciliation Kevin Flanigan on prior panel applicants.
- Executive Session (Discussion Exempt from Open Meetings Law)
- TIA2017-002 - Transport Workers Union, Local 106 (Transit Supervisors Organization) & MTA Bus Company.
- C-6422 - Transport Workers Union, Local 100 & Manhattan and Bronx Surface Transit Operating Authority & Organization of Staff Analysts.
- U-31734 - New York State Correctional Officers and Police Benevolent Association, Inc., & State of New York Department of Corrections and Community Supervision (Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation).
- U-33471 & U-33999 - Public Employees Federation, AFL-CIO & State of New York (Office of Medicaid Inspector General).
- U-35549 - Susan Metzger & Civil Service Employees Association, Inc., Local 1000, AFSCME, AFL-CIO, Local 830.
- U-35480 - Robert W. Brewster & Sullivan County, Sullivan County Sheriff, and Civil Service Employees Association, Inc., Local 1000, AFSCME, AFL-CIO.
- U-34342 - Syed W. Javed & District Council 37, AFSCME, (Local 2627) & CUNY.
- U-34642 - Montgomery County Deputy Sheriff's Police Benevolent Association & County of Montgomery & Montgomery County Sheriff.
- U-29549 - United Federation of Teachers Local 2, American Federation of Teachers, AFL-CIO & Board of Education of the City School District of the City of New York.
- U-34058 - New York State Correctional Officers and Police Benevolent Association, Inc., & State of New York (Department of Corrections and Community Supervision - Albion Correctional Facility).
- U-32543 - Public Employees Federation, AFL-CIO & State of New York (Office of Mental Health - Rochester Psychiatric Center).
- Litigation report given orally by David P. Quinn, Counsel.
- Open Session
- Set date for next Board Meeting.