Jerome Lefkowitz, Chairman
Sheila S. Cole, Member
PERB Meeting Agenda & Draft Minutes
October 6, 2014
Albany, New York
PRESENT: JEROME LEFKOWITZ, Chairperson
SHEILA S. COLE, Member
Staff: David Quinn, Counsel & Director of Litigation
Kevin Flanigan, Director of Conciliation
Sheila Talavera, Secretary to the Board
Listen to AudioCast of Meeting
- BOARD DISCUSSION (Open Meeting)
- Minutes of August 20, 2014 Board Meeting for approval. -- Approved.
- Report from Director of Conciliation Kevin Flanigan dated September 30, 1014, regarding the following individuals seeking admission to one or more of PERB's neutral panels:
- Marlene Gold: Public Sector Grievance Arbitration Panel, Private Sector Grievance Arbitration Panel, Interest Arbitration Panel and Mediation and Factfinding Panel.
- John Stevens: Factfinding Panel.
- Sam Butto: Interest Arbitration.
- QUASI-JUDICIAL MATTERS (Exempt from Open Meetings Law)
- C-6259 - United Public Service Employees Union & Village of Lawrence & Civil Service Employees Association, Inc., Local 1000, AFSCME, AFL-CIO, Local 882.
- C-6225 - Dana Castine, Elisabeth Tiger and Andrew Cameron & Florida Union Free School District & Florida Union Free School District Administrators Association.
- U-28689, U-29055 & U-30369 - Civil Service Employees Association, Inc., Local 1000, AFSCME, AFL-CIO & County of Clinton & Sheriff of Clinton County.
- U-27738 - Suffolk County Corrections Officers & County of Suffolk and Suffolk County Sheriff & U-27757 - Suffolk County Deputy Sheriffs Police Benevolent Association & County of Suffolk and Suffolk County Sheriff.
- U-31184 - United Teachers of Seaford, NYSUT, AFT, NEA, AFL-CIO & Seaford Union Free School District & Seaford Administrators Association.
- U-32953 - Douglas P. Bienko & Civil Service Employees Association, Inc., Local 1000, AFSCME, AFL-CIO.
- C-6253 & U-33454 - United Federation of Teachers, Local 2, AFT, AFL-CIO & Hyde Leadership Charter School - Brooklyn.
- C-6256 - United Federation of Teachers, Local 2, American Federation of Teachers, AFL-CIO & New Visions Charter High School For The Humanities II.
- U-29960 - Canandaigua Firefighters Association, IAFF Local 2098 & City of Canandaigua.